The Paperless Import window in Paperless (Windows) 2.1 looks different from the Paperless import window I recall seeing:
- In Paperless 2.0 and 2.0.1
- In the Paperless User Guide
Why is this?
Where can I find these settings now?
The primary change we made in Paperless for Windows 2.1 was to make changes to the Paperless Import window, to make it simpler to use. To do this, we removed several components of the Paperless Import window that appeared both in Paperless (Windows) 2.0.0 and Paperless 2.0.1.
Here is a list of what we removed from the Paperless Importer window in Paperless 2.1 and (for each) instructions to locate them elsewhere in the program.
- Metadata fields, such as Merchant, Type, and Amount. These fields are located in the preference pane and can be added to (or removed from) specific data types with Library Configuration (see page 59 of the user guide for more information on configuring data types with Library Configuration).
- The OCR Text field. The OCR Text field is accessible through the Details pane (and can be assigned to data types in Library Configuration).
- The Source button The import source (scanner) can be selected within the Scanner section Paperless Preferences.
- The Scan button. When library items are imported with Multi Scan, a button appears in the Paperless Import window, to scan more pages. When library items are imported with Scan, no button appears in place of the scan button.
- The OCR button. The command Recognize Text in Document can be located under the Edit menu.
- Preference checkboxes. Settings to perform OCR on import/ scan and fill information from previous files are currently set from the Files section of Paperless preferences (for more information on the Files section of Paperless preferences, please see page 15 of the Paperless for Windows User Guide).