Why does Narrator create duplicate files when I export to iTunes?
Depending on settings in iTunes, exporting a presentation to iTunes could cause duplicate copies of the file being exported.
There are two ways to remedy this:
- Change settings in Narrator, to export files to a location that will not cause iTunes to copy the file on import.
- Change settings in iTunes, to prevent iTunes from copying files when it imports them.
When iTunes imports files, it will treat the file differently, depending on where it is relative to the location~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/. If iTunes opens a file:
- outside of this location (for example ~/Documents/, which is the location of your profile's Documents folder), iTunes will make a copy of your file when importing it.
- inside to this location (for example, ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Narrations/ ), iTunes will move the file (without copying it) when importing it.
Changing export location in Narrator
- In Narrator, choose Narrator > Preferences... > Export.
- Under Export Folder, select Choose...
- Choose a location contained within ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/ and click on Choose.