What are the differences between MacJournal for iPad and MacJournal for iPhone?
Although MacJournal for iPad and MacJournal for iPhone look and act very similarly, there are some subtle differences in what each program can do.
Here is a list of similarities and differences in functionalities available in MacJournal for iPhone and MacJournal for iPad:
Features Available Exclusively in MacJournal for iPad
- Smart Folders - Create a smart folder that will automatically include entries that fit customizable parameters.
- Entry Aliases - Manually create aliases of existing entries.
- Locking Journals and Entries - Set a password for journals or entries on your iPad or sync locked status in MacJournal for Mac with your iPad.
- Allow Transfer of Entries and Journals from iPhone - MacJournal for iPhone can 'see' and sync to MacJournal for iPad.
- Entry Digest - The top level of the Journal/ Entry tree displays a list smart folders, created automatically to collect journals for each tag used within MacJournal and index when the journals were created.
Features Available Exclusively in MacJournal for iPhone
- Application-Level Passcode Protection - it is possible to set a passcode for all of MacJournal for iPhone.
- Enforcement of Journal-Level Passcode Protection of Synced Journals - If a Journal that is synced to MacJournal for iPhone from either MacJournal for iPad or MacJournal for Mac was password-protected prior to syncing, MacJournal for iPhone will enforce password protection. Enforcement of password protection of these Journals can be toggled on or off in MacJournal for iPhone preferences.
Features Available in both MacJournal for iPad and MacJournal for iPhone
- Post to Blog - MacJournal for iPhone and iPad offer the capability to post directly to a blog from the device. Examples of supported blogging platforms are:
- Data Transfer/ Syncing - Both version allow for syncing to MacJournal for Mac over WiFi. See this knowledge base article for more information regarding journal/ entry transfer in MacJournal for iPhone and this knowledge base article for more information regarding journal/ entry transfer in MacJournal for iPad.
- Remembered Machines - Simplify journal/ entry transfer by allowing MacJournal to remember the last machine synced it synced with.
- Tags - add relevant tags to entries for easier indexing.
- Labels - add colored labels to journals and entries.