While importing to Paperless, you might have one paper document that you want to import as multiple library items, or several receipts that you would like to process (individually) at the same time. With the Image Capture sheet and a flatbed scanner, this is fairly easy to do in Paperless.
Use these steps to import from the Image Capture sheet with multiple selections:
- Use Scan (or Scan Multi) to display the Image Capture sheet.
- In the Image Capture sheet, select the scanner you would like to use.
- Display scan configuration settings with the Show Details button. When you do this, your scanner will perform an overview scan. To perform a new overview scan, click the Overview Scan button.
- Once the overview scan is complete, the Image Capture sheet will automatically select an area (within the preview) that appears to contain the content you are trying to attempt to Paperless. Remove this selection by clicking on the dotted outline, then pressing the delete key on your keyboard.
- Select one of the areas you would like to import by clicking and dragging on the preview, to create a selection area.
- Select any additional areas you would like to import by clicking and dragging those areas on the preview, as well.
- Click the Scan button in the Image Capture sheet to begin scanning.
That's it. Once you have selected all of the areas you would like to import (and you've clicked the Scan button), the Image Capture sheet will process all of the areas you've outlined.