The menu item Export Selection to Screen Saver does not appear in the File menu under Windows Vista and Windows 7.
What can be done to work around this?
The menu option Export Selection to Screen Saver does not display in the current release of Desktop Poet under the following releases of Windows:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Despite this, it should still be possible to export tiles from Desktop Poet, so that they can be viewed in a Windows screen saver.
To export tiles from Desktop Poet for Windows to a Windows screen saver, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, create a folder. Feel free to name it whatever you would like. This is a folder you will eventually be saving images to that you've exported from Desktop Poet.
- In Desktop Poet, select a group of tiles you would like to view in a screen saver.
- Export the files you would like to view in a screen saver with one of the following options from the File menu:
- Export files to JPEG
- Export to Bitmap
- Display the screen saver configuration window in Windows. It should be possible to do this by displaying the Control Panel and searching for screen saver in the Control Panel search field.
- Under the screen saver configuration window, select Photos.
- Display settings for the Photos screen saver (under Windows 7 you can do this by clicking the button Settings...
- In settings for the Photos screen saver, button to allow you to select a folder the pictures are stored in (under Windows 7 the button is named Browse...), and select the folder you created in step 1 (that you saved image files that you exported from Desktop Poet).
- Apply any changes (under Windows 7, click the Apply button in the screen saver configuration window) as necessary.
The next time Windows displays a screen saver, it should should now display tiles you've exported from Desktop Poet.