How to I move my Contour screenplay information between my iPhone and my desktop?
How to I move my Contour screenplay information between my iPad and my desktop?
Although Contour for iOS does not support synchronization of screenplay information with the Mac or Windows versions of Contour, it does allow you to transfer individual screenplays between the iOS device and a desktop install of Contour that resides on the same wireless network.
To move a screenplay from your iOS device to the desktop (either Mac or Windows), do the following:
- Launch Contour on the iOS device
- Browse the list of screenplays on the iOS device
- At the bottom of the screenplays list, tap the button that looks like a radar with a red button on it
- Once you have tapped that, the button will turn green, and you will see a URL displayed that looks something like this:
- Now, go to the desktop computer that you want to transfer a screenplay to, and launch a web browser
- Navigate to the URL displayed in the Contour screenplays list window
- Your browser will display a simulated picture of an iPhone and the list of screenplays in Contour on the iOS device.
- Click on the screenplay you wish to transfer to your desktop computer. This will download the screenplay to your web browser's default download location on your computer. The name of the screenplay you downloaded will end in ".contour." (Mariner Software cannot provide the location of your downloads folder for you, as this is a setting specific to your computer)
- Now, launch the desktop version of Contour
- From the File menu, select Import > Contour XML File
- Choose the file you just downloaded and click Open
- Now the file will be available to you in Contour on your desktop.