Upgrading to version 3 is easy!
How do I upgrade my older version of MacGourmet Deluxe to MacGourmet Deluxe 3?
- First you want to download MacGourmet Deluxe version 3. You can do that by clicking this link.
- Next you just want to launch MacGourmet Deluxe. You’ll first get to choose how your new recipe box will look.
- You’ll next get to choose whether or not you want to divide your directions into “steps”. You don’t have to, if you say “Do Not Change” you’ll be able to edit your directions as one chuck of text, same as before. But when you choose “Use Steps” you get labels, images and tags for each step in your directions.
- Finally, MacGourmet Deluxe will go through the conversion process. Once the upgrade is completed, that’s it! You should be ready to use the new version!
Upgrading your Plug-insIf you already have version 2 plug-ins installed, you’ll want to to update them to the latest versions (these updates are free). To do this:
- Open the Plug-in Manager, by choosing Tools > Plug-in Manager
- Note that any existing plug-ins that you have will be marked with a yellow error tag, and have an “Uninstall” button in the Version column. You’ll want to click “Uninstall” for any that are marked with an error.
- Next, you should find the latest version offering an “Install” button in the nearby row. Press that to download and install your plug-ins. (You can also install other plug-ins as desired)
- Finally, close the window, restart MacGourmet Deluxe and you should be all up-to-date. Note: Users of MacGourmet 1, please read this before upgrading to version 3: I upgraded from MacGourmet version 1 and lost my recipes. How I do to get them back?