How do I download and install WinJournal?
The following instructions describe the process of downloading and installing WinJournal. Please note that the steps necessary for downloading and installing our applications will vary depending on
- the version of Windows you are running (e.g. XP, Vista or Windows 7)
- the type of web browser software you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Fireox, Google Chrome, Safari)
- the location of the folder where your browser places downloaded files
- the utility (if any) your computer uses to "decompress", "unzip" or "extract" .zip archives (e.g. Windows, WinZip, 7-Zip)
- - - - - - - - -
Before you start the process, you will need to know two things:
1. Where your web browser places downloaded files.
Most browsers by default will place downloaded files into either
2. How to decompress a zipped archive (a .zip file).
Windows has built-in tools for extracting zipped archives, but you may have a separate utility that does this for you. You will need to know how to decompress an archive using Windows or whatever utility you have. You should also know whether .zip files are automatically decompressed by your web browser after downloading.
Locate this information prior to downloading and installing the software. Mariner Software technical support CANNOT provide this information to you, as it is specific to your computer.
- - - - - - - - -
The download and installation steps are as follows.
1. Download the software from our downloads page at http://www.marinersoftware.com/download.php
The software will be downloaded to your hard drive as a zipped file ending in .zip (e.g. wj103.zip)
2. Locate the file you downloaded. The file will be located in the folder to which *your web browser* places downloaded files.
3. Decompress the .zip file if has not already been automatically decompressed. Windows allows you to decompress a .zip file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All. When you decompress the .zip file, you will have a folder containing all the installation files.
4. Locate the decompressed folder and double click on it to open it.
5. Locate the "WinJournal.exe" in the folder you just decompressed.
6. Double click on WinJournal.exe, and follow the onscreen instructions that guide you through the installation.