- What is Digest View?
- How do I display Digest View?
- How do I use Digest View?
- How do I return from Digest View to the Journal List?
MacJournal for iPad provides a Digest View, which makes it possible to navigate entries by date and by tags. In Digest View, MacJournal uses a set of smart Journals to display entries that were created or edited recently, organize entries by their creation date (by year, month), and list entries that use a specific tag.
Instead of using the Journal list (the hierarchy of Journals, smart journals and entries) to locate journal entries, you can use Digest View to locate journal entries that were created during a specific month, or view all entries that are assigned a specific tag.
Only entries from unlocked journals are displayed in Digest View. Entries in locked journals are not displayed in Digest view; to display entries from locked journals in Digest View, unlock the containing journals first.
How do I display Digest View?
To display Digest View, follow these steps:
- View the Source List. You can do this by turning your iPad to landscape orientation or (in portrait orientation) tapping the button that appears in the upper left-hand corner of the MacJournal for iPad screen.
- Tap the button that appears in the upper left-hand corner of the Source List. Keep tapping the button until the button disappears.
Once the button in the upper left-hand corner of the Source List disappears, you should see Digest View in the Source list.
In this picture, the button in the upper left-hand corner of the source list is labelled “MacJournal.”
How do I use Digest View?
Digest view organizes journal entries into the following categories:
- Dates: Organizes entries in MacJournal by their creation date.
- Recent Entries: Lists entries created or edited recently.
- Tags: Organizes library items by tags applied to them. If a library item uses a tag, it will appear under the tag’s name in Digest view.
Under Dates, tapping on a specific year year will display a list of all months in the year, followed by a list of all entries created in that year. Tapping on a specific month will display a list of all entries created in that month.
Lists under Tags and Recent Entries are all displayed as one list; there are no subordinate lists; tapping on one of these smart collections will display a list of all entries they contain.
How do I return from Digest View to the Journal List?
To return to the Journal List from Digest View, tap Journals--the topmost option in Digest View. This will return you to the top level of the Journal List.